- 1 skein Misti Alpaca Lace Solid in Ivory - Lace 2-ply 100% Alpaca - 437 yds.
- Circular Knitting needle 29" (or longer) size 3.5mm - US size 4
- The shawl is knit straight starting from neck to bottom and side edges. The circular needles are used to easily hold a large number of stitches.
- The border (not shown in any chart) is made of two stitches on either end worked in garter stitch throughout.
- All wrong side (even number) rows are purled. Wrong side rows are not shown on the charts.
- Gauge is unimportant - use larger needles if a more open, lacy look is desired.
- Cast on 5 stitches and work 2 rows in garter st.
- On the next RS row (1st row on the main chart):
- k2(border),yo, k1, yo, k2(border)
- Starting on row 29 of 5th repeat (or your final repeat) work the Border+Edge chart once. The chart shows one border and edge motif which are repeated all around. Also the center stitch is not shown in this chart. Remember to work the 2 border stitches on each end in garter st.
- Bind off :
- k1, put the stitch back on left needle, k2tog. Repeat until all stitches are bound off.